My Experience at Day’s Espresso & Coffee this morning:
- Walk in, love the place, can’t believe I’ve never been here before to meet or study.
- Order four large coffees. They tell me “we’re going to be out of the medium roast if we give you two large coffees.” Seems weird that a coffee place on Bardstown Road isn’t super well stocked on a Sunday morning, but whatever. Get two dark roasts as well.
- Commence wait for barista, who is sweating and seems agitated. Another worker gets in his way and he spits out. “You need to GET OUT OF MY WAY.”
- Five seconds later he says, fully within hearing of me and the other woman waiting “There are just TOO many people in this F*cking place.” It isn’t even 100% full.
- Like I’m sorry, dude, does Sunday morning at a coffee shop in arguably the biggest brunch district in the brunch obsessed city of Louisville get your panties in a twist?
- The woman in front of my has the audacity to ask him for soy milk (which she ordered in her coffee to begin with) and he rolls his eyes, doesn’t say anything, and slaps the carton on the counter in front of her. She and I exchange incredibly uncomfortable looks.
- He pours my coffees. Sets them in front of me, make eye contact, and says, in a totally NOT friendly voice. “Is that all you need?”
- I return to my car, chastised.
This just serves as a reminder: you never know when someone trying your coffee shop or restaurant is trying them for the first time. That coffee was awesome, but do I want to dirty another Sunday morning with that unfriendly, unhelpful, unprofessional attitude? Not at all.
Any reason I should go back to Day’s?