Every couple hundred followers or so I like to do a quick “about me” so you know who the heck I am:
- My name’s Elizabeth Myers. You can find my writing at Louisville.com (which I also edit, full time), StyleBlueprint, MyDerbyLove, Thrillist, Louisville Magazine, and a few other miscellaneous outlets.
- I love to eat, and I LOVE Louisville Kentucky and the surrounding areas. That’s what the blog is about. You can also follow me on twitter: @louisvillenoms.
- I’m happily married (I call him Bunny), I have five younger sisters, and a wonderfully supportive group of friends I call the Babe Squad.
- My hobbies include biking, restoring my 1974 Beetle, lifting, reading, podcasts, writing terrible poetry, and badminton.
- I’m low carb/keto. That’s not the focus of this blog, nor do I blog exclusively about eating low carb or low carb foods. But I do post about my progress and if I come up with a particularly good low carb recipe, I share it.
I love questions and I love to meet my followers! So say hi!
chairman-meow-and-cat-benatar asked: Just had the fries at Zad. Imagine homemade Arby's fries.
I thought they closed? Did they re-open?
Polly’s Freeze is the best kept secret in Kentucky and SoIn. Open since the fifties, they have some of the very best ice cream known to man, and there’s nothing more relaxing than a country drive with the windows down to Polly Freeze.
Bonus: it’s perfect right before the Georgetown Drive-In. You’re welcome.
Anonymous asked: Hi! You probably don't want to include any chains in your French Fry list, but there's no denying Five Guys has great fries. Hammerheads (truffle!) and Mussel & Burger Bar's duck fat fries are at the top my list. Ghyslain at Westport Village has good duck fat fries, too. I haven't tried them yet, but there's lots of hype about the Village Anchor's sweet potato fries with marshmallow cream. -Susan (from Newtolou)
Thanks so much! I’ve tried the sweet potato fries at the Village Anchor, they’re amazing. The sweet potato fries at Mussel & Burger Bar come with a smoked pineapple dipping sauce that’s to die for.
OH! And the fried at Proof are amazing.
Thank you for your suggestions!!
As of August 15, I’ve spent the last five years in a relationship with this handsome lug. He has loved me through a lot, and I am more than blessed and grateful to have him in my life.
Together we’ve weathered family issues, uncertainty about the future, and a very trying year while he was in Afghanistan and I was here. He loved me when I weighed almost literally twice what I weigh now, and when I was stuck at a job I hated, laid off from a job I loved, when I totally changed my career path. He brought me back into the church.
He has brought an immense dimension of joy and support to my life that nobody else has. So I missed it by a few days, but happy anniversary, my Bunny. You’re my best and dearest friend, the love of my life, the most wonderful and unexpected thing that ever happened to me. I can’t wait to spend every day of the rest of our lives together.
chairman-meow-and-cat-benatar asked: Before they closed due to a fire, Old Louisville Tavern had some awesome had-cut fries
I totally reported on that! I think it was arson? So sad.
Louisville, who has the best french fries in town? I want to write one of those listicle-type roundups of the best fries, but I don’t really eat that many carbs so I’m not as adept at knowing these things as I’d like to. Pictured above are the ones from the Monkey Wrench, but some of my other favorites are:
- Hammerheads duck fat truffle fries
- Bunz burgerz fries
- Sweet potato fries from Mussel & Burger Bar
Any other suggestions?