krystinrobertson asked: I couldn't finish my answer on your question. Anyways, I might suggest Hammerheads to Richard because DUH. That place is amazing.
Hammerheads is incredible. My favorite Louisville restaurant.
krystinrobertson asked: But then I remembered just now that Hammerheads is closed on Sunday, so I guess we will have to pick somewhere else. I am totally open to suggestions for places that are date material for Sunday nights. Any ideas? I don't think we're up for going downtown, but any other area would be fine.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good question. I’m in the mood for Mojito’s, and it’s pretty much a great date spot because it’s tapas. I also L-O-V-E the Monkey Wrench right now (in a rut) and I’ve heard great things about The Exchange in New Albany
And don’t answer if you’re one of those lame “I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day” people.
Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday. EVER. It’s pink, and sparkly, and girly, and I’ve always been lucky enough to have someone I loved (be it parent or friend or sister or boyfriend or now, husband) so I just glory in it.
BUT. I am staying in this Valentine’s Day. Why, you ask? Here’s why:
- A packed restaurant is super unlikely to be a restaurant where you get great food and service. Harried chefs, prep workers, waiters and bartenders cut corners, burn stuff, and drop drinks.
- I usually hate special menus. They’re filled with stuff that’s been chosen to create lots of gain for the restaurant, and the chef hasn’t prepared the dishes a thousand times, so the chance of something going wrong is HIGH.
- Our dinner at Hillbilly Tea last Valentine’s Day was so lackluster that it killed both my love of Hillbilly Tea and my desire to go out on Valentine’s Day.
BUT, should you wish to venture out on Valentine’s Day:
- Here is a list of sixteen restaurants that have Valentine’s Day menus in Louisville
- Here is a list of Vday present ideas
- Here is how you can make Valentine’s Day cards for kids at Kosair
Do something. Love someone. Don’t bah humbug me, Valentine’s Day is my JAM!