Selena’s at Willow Lake Tavern: Creole/Cajun/Italian food. Yes, that’s a thing.
I’ll admit it, we visited Selena’s because Village Anchor was too crowded and we were starving. But I’m very glad we did, it’s an underrated little place.
- Bacon wrapped chicken bites = delicious and tender.
- Jambalaya = very spicy, and they didn’t mind making it with red beans instead of rice for my low-carb husband.
- Salad = also delicious, though it’s hard to do a salad wrong, I think.
- Service = incredible. I think our waiter’s name was Jeremy, but I can’t remember. He was super nice, super fast, super energetic.
- They have $2 mimosas for their brunch.
We’ll be back to Selena’s. For the price, it was a nice upscale dining experience and their patio is lovely.